Individual Cylinder AF Adjust, was: NTK wb-sensor price

socrace at ameritech.net socrace at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 6 18:36:44 GMT 2002

Yes, "same cylinder" variations happen alot less often than "cylinder to
cylinder" variations, so it seems reasonable they would need a much slower
loop response to average them out. This seems to track with what I've seen.
When tuning a single cylinder (actually a pair of cylinders on a v8), I've
haven't been able to do much better than about .2 percent mixture change
per second max, with .1 being more realistic. Any faster and the loop
starts oscillating. Is that about the timing you saw? And while your doing
this, of course, the main loop can't be any faster either (I think this is
right?) so things really bog down. Using this method, it takes nearly a
full minute to move the mixture from the average level to individual level,
while nothing else changes during that time.
Bob D