pc/104-plus and hc11

Laszlo Vecsey bliptune at optonline.net
Thu Feb 7 21:58:22 GMT 2002

I bought a Technological Arts hc11 kit for getting started with
microcontrollers and I'm using the gcc compiler and assembler. This is the
m68hc811e2 chip. Just getting started here ;)

Another almost ready-made approach I was thinking about as a counter to
building the efi332 is pc/104 cards as available at milesie.co.uk and a
company called Enclosure Technologies makes a shock-resistant vehicular box
for housing pc/104 cards, starting at $90. Perhaps a little more expensive
to get started but then you have features like video input and disk-on-chip
for the feature, which seems very expensive at the moment, and so on.
Additional pc/104 cards can be added in to do whatever.