Jaycar 5300 LED display

Crescent Kao crescent at c-speedracing.com
Mon Feb 11 19:52:06 GMT 2002

Hey Peter,
  Thanks for the information... Its strange that this happened to tell you
the truth. I finally got it all working and calibrated and it worked
flawlessly for over 5mins while idling.. then I shut it off, and about 5mins
later go to try it again and this happens.. Basically, i powered up the car
and the display didn't light up at all. So i thought maybe the power
connection came loose or something, so i checked it and it was fine.. I then
turn off the ignition and turn it on again, and the display lights up, but
isn't displaying correctly. Very odd indeed.

So, what do you think I should do in the meantime? I checked all the 7-seg
LED's and they are fine.. when I use the display with the WBO2, it still
works just fine.. the only thing wrong is the middle horizontal bar on each
7-seg LED doesn't light up any more, and a few of the bars on the 10-seg LED
aren't working either. Do you think the PIC chip was damaged and is the
culprit?

What I'd like to do at this point is just purchase another unit from you as
I would like to get a display working ASAP before the end of this month as
we have some big event coming up and the 2002 race season is starting as
well. Basically crunch time. If possible, I'd like to get some replacement
parts for this bad one now as well or I could send down to you if you'd like
to inspect it to determine the cause of the problem.

At any rate, let me know if you can send me another unit and possibly with
priority shipping (not sure how long regular shipping takes, but I'd like to
receive it within the next week maybe?). I can Paypal you the balance.
Thanks again Peter.

Crescent Kao
Director of Marketing and Sales
www.c-speedracing.com