EGOR Tech Announcement

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Wed Feb 13 18:55:26 GMT 2002

Sheesh, no sooner do I return to make this announcement, than someone starts
impersonating me. :)  The nerve...seems like Sam Brown is everywhere these
days.

Our updated website is about to be unleashed, they have the main page up
now, so have a look: (sad to say it currently works right only using IE)

	www.egortech.com    (redirects to my ISP, so don't be surprised)

For those who've kept up on things, a couple new products are being
announced, and that page will be up in the next day or two I'm told. The old
stalwart EGORmeter is still with us, without any price increases, plus some
fancier models that do alot more. ION is still working just fine on test
vehicles now, but we STILL haven't gotten a good working model on anything
but our own custom CDI system, so if we want to release ION, we will likely
have to offer that CDI setup together with it. Alot for guys to have to
change to, just for better knock detection -- besides I don't want to get
into the IGN system business; meanwhile, when we have time we continue the
R&D that hopefully will one day make her work well on inductive IGNs. Main
problem is the normal inductive IGN's spark duration (or should I say it's
"tail") is simply too long, and obscures the window of time we need to be
looking at the ionization signal. Real nice to watch a bar-graph indication
of incipient/onset of knock, however (and it's long before you can hear or
feel anything, doesn't even show on the dyno). But as O'Henry would say,
that's for another future product announcement, hopefully.

I'll post a brief message when the EGOR product pages (includes pricing) are
up & working. The tech pages are going to be awhile, because I have to
finish up the bodies before they can "webize" them. But you'll eventually
see some useful articles on all kinds of AFR stuff we've learned in the last
year, including that damned elusive EBP issue, as well as combined usage of
EGT & AFR sensing.

And BTW, yes I've been keeping up with list events, and NO I won't be
discussing ANY of that in public, so don't even ask.

Cheers,
Gar