WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 06:54:35 GMT 2002

In a message dated 2/11/02 3:01:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
brandonsgarage at attbi.com writes:

> What is my best option of a frame mounted fuel pump for a TBI setup?
>
>  Brandon Austin
Brandon,

I've used a Master E2000 on both TBI and TPI systems with no problems. But I
recently bought an E2182 for $5 less that has a 5/16" barb on the outlet and
a 1/2" bard on the inlet. The E2000 has Ford quick disconnect inlet and
outlet which aren't exactly the best for sliding a rubber hose on to. Advance
Auto Parts sells a Ford quick connect to 5/16" barb fitting that you probably
would want to use on the outlet. On the inlet, since you are at a negative
pressure relative to the tank, I don't think it would be too risky to just
clamp a 3/8" rubber line on the quick connect fuel pump fitting. Both of the
above pumps can be bought at Autozone for less than $70.

HTH
JW