No Subject

Brett Garland fj40brett at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 08:03:57 GMT 2002

Before I spend $80 on the VSS for my conversion, (a
1991 5.0L Pontiac TPI into my 1976 FJ40 Landcruiser)
is it possible to use the speed sensor that the land
cruiser has in its speedometer?  I beleive it is an
optical(on/off) style 2000 pulses/mile?

My 1991 '7730 ecm is setup for a 4000pulse magnetic
type and I am aware that the ECM can use either(with a
quick change to the PROM), but is there a way to
change the 4000 pulse/mile to 2000 pulse/mile
calibration?  This will save me$$$$ as I already have
the installed speedo VSS and a burner to change the
PROM!!!

Thanks!
-Brett