From AFM to MAP

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Fri Feb 15 22:14:22 GMT 2002

They are a big potentiometer. Some are linear, some are log. You can richen
the mixture simply by adjusting the spring tension. A friend payed for this
to be done, and it transformed the performance of the car, but it didn't
idle any more. After a week he paid even more to have it undone.

There is a lesson here.

I reckon you could solve the idle bug with a couple of op-amps. Whether
there is a simple analogue (sorry analog) solution to MAP->AFM I dunno yet.
I 'like' analogue solutions to these sort of problems.

Bill