[EFI] Re: Oh-no. Compression fittings again. Was re:

Steve & the Rockette canzus at seanet.com
Sat Feb 16 04:34:40 GMT 2002

At 09:19 AM 14-02-02 -0700, you wrote:
>Shannen Durphey wrote:
>>

>> > Someone mentioned concerns about compression fittings
>> > and fuel lines.  I've used compression fittings on
>> > fuel lines with no problems.  They are an accepted
>> > method of repairing disc brake lines,
>> ??????
>> Accepted in Auto industry?? Not in anything that I've read.
>> Also illegal in many states to have compression fitting on brake lines.
Fer
>> instance, compression fittings here cause you to fail the yearly safety
>> inspection.

 I wouldn't use compression fittings for any pressure over 150lbs...
I've seen the results of a blown comp fitting, 18" of water in the
basement, and the only reason it wasn't deeper, was the toilet
was busy flushing...do you realize how much water a 1/2"  line
puts out at 150psi??  And no, the stop didn't break, the fitting
was pushed off the line...cost a lot of money to fix that little
problem...

 SteveL