Tach conversion

Marc Reibel marc at reibel-web.de
Tue Feb 19 20:37:33 GMT 2002

Whit Hickman wrote:

> Is there an easy way tweak a 6 cylinder tach to synch with an 8 cylinder
> motor?  My tach is currently indicating 8 RPM for every 6 the motor is
> running and it seems there should be an electrical device that would convert
> this.
>
> Thanks,
> Whit
>
> ----- End of forwarded message from owner-diy_efi at diy-efi.org -----
Hmm,

how about using a frenquency/voltage converter like LM2907 and a
voltage/frequency
converter like LM331 in series ?
Would require some fiddling in adjusting the right 8/6 ratio.
On the other hand, how about opening the tach and adjusting the ratio of
the tachs
internal frequency/voltage converter. (Only possibel, if the tach is an
analog one).

Marc
--
Marc Reibel
Email   : marc at reibel-web.de, reibel at rhrk.uni-kl.de
ICQ-UIN : 42168505                Nick        : HMX