best bet for DIY-EFI setup, SOONer than Later

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Thu Feb 21 04:19:39 GMT 2002

Hi Les,
it would probably be a good idea to subscribe to the GMECM list
 if you take my suggestion seriously.
The 87-90 Turbo Sunbird had an ECM and harness that would probably
get you 95% of the way there, once you understand how the
GM MAP systems work.  With an eprom burner and a program like
TunerCat or GME-Pro, you can change fuel & timing, etc.
Again, there is a learning curve if you go this route,
but it sure beat re-inventing the wheel & wagon..
The ECM number is 1227749.  You'll also need a chip
for a Turbo Sunbird if the ECM is from another vehicle.
It was used in 88 quad 4 cars and some pretty scarce
GMC Turbo trucks.
Mike V