Exhaust Pressure sensing

van setten, tim @ ACSSD tim.van.setten at acssd.L-3com.com
Thu Feb 21 20:28:21 GMT 2002

> What type of pressure sensor is capable of surviving exposure to exhaust
> gases?
>
> Is there some way of measuring with a pitot-static probe, to get both
> dynamic and static pressure?
>
> Craig Dotson
> crdotson at vt.edu

	I have seen on the 88 Ford Bronco II's and Ranger pickup's with the
2.9 Liter engine, they have a sensor mounted on the intake plenum, with a
hose going over to just under the EGR valve.  The port there is exhaust
pressure.  Don't know what they use it for, but it's there.

	Tim Van Setten
	Tim.Van.Setten at L-3Com.com