best bet for DIY-EFI setup, SOONer than Later

pshurvell at tiofi.com.au pshurvell at tiofi.com.au
Thu Feb 21 20:55:48 GMT 2002

Have you looked at the Megasquirt site? go to
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/megasquirt and read the intro page thoroughly,
then follow the link to the actual Megasquirt site which should decide if
this will suit your needs. I should warn you that the group buy has closed
and no more orders are being taken at the moment, however there are some
spare kits that are yet to be accounted for, and as soon as all the paid
for kits have been sent, they will be offered for sale. Do a search on the
yahoo site archives for "group buy". This should fill you in on what is
happening.
If however you already know all of this, please feel free to ignore me :o)
Regards.
Paul.

                    ECMnut at aol.com
                    Sent by:               To:     diy_efi at diy-efi.org
                    owner-diy_efi at d        cc:
                    iy-efi.org             Subject:     Re: best bet for DIY-EFI setup,
                                           SOONer than Later

                    20/02/02 08:29
                    Please respond
                    to diy_efi

Hi Les,
it would probably be a good idea to subscribe to the GMECM list
 if you take my suggestion seriously.
The 87-90 Turbo Sunbird had an ECM and harness that would probably
get you 95% of the way there, once you understand how the
GM MAP systems work.  With an eprom burner and a program like
TunerCat or GME-Pro, you can change fuel & timing, etc.
Again, there is a learning curve if you go this route,
but it sure beat re-inventing the wheel & wagon..
The ECM number is 1227749.  You'll also need a chip
for a Turbo Sunbird if the ECM is from another vehicle.
It was used in 88 quad 4 cars and some pretty scarce
GMC Turbo trucks.
Mike V

In a message dated 2/19/2002 5:26:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lesd at earthlink.net writes:

> Dear list,
>
>  What would be the best approach to a diy efi for a turbo vw bug
>  engine, in the next month or so?
>
>  Is there anyone providing a board, or parts set, deliverable soon?
>
>  Is the best solution to still come up with a one of a kind
>  setup instead? Seems silly.
>
>  How many of you actually run a diy-efi on an engine that works?
>  I'm just learning the ropes here, being a new subscriber.
>
>  Thanks
>  -Les

quotes)
in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org