fuel pressure sensor

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Mon Feb 25 21:47:32 GMT 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:38:06 -0800 (PST), Phil Hunter
<ilphayunterhay at yahoo.com> wrote:

>So who's going to be the first kid on the dyi-efi block to
>have a programmable fuel pump? An FP sensor, MAP, some
>smarts, and essentially the same technology as injector
>drivers to PWM the pump motor...

There are commercial products already available also. :)
We build such a system for experimental aircraft EFI conversions, to avoid
all those natty return lines to multiple fuel tanks. Demand is lite, so it's
not up on our website (yet).

BTW, we don't need a separate MAP, however. The sensor we use incorporates
both fuel and manifold pressure to regulate the differential pressure across
the INJ rail, just like the Moto device depicted on their page. Getting the
PWM range for the fuel pump right and handling "boundary conditions" is the
trickey part.

HTH,
Gar Willis
EGOR Techno