Altering Rover MEMS

marko.cosic marko.cosic at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 1 07:53:53 GMT 2002

Hi, UK-based newcomer to the list.

I'm in the process of transplanting a Rover M/T16 into a Land-Rover. Ideally I'd
like to tinker with the managment system to tailor it to my needs/wants,
specifically:

*Switchably increasing idle speed (raise for off-road use)#

*Increasing the sensitivity of the idle-speed governing system (dealer did this
to dad's comapny car at its first service (Jaguar S-Type/Ford Lincoln 3.0 V6),
and it worked wonders masking the hole in the delivery below 1750rpm)

*Adapting the ECU to run twin coils instead of a single coil and 'distributor'

*Maybe aletring fuel/ignition maps to release the potential emissions laws have
reduced (the vehicle the engine is going into only has to meet 'no visible smoke
at idle' rules)

Am I in the right place, and has anybody ever had any joy out of MEMS? I've
gleaned that its not the most flexible system about.

Marko