thermocouple wiring

Jeffrey Engel jengeltx at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 20:10:07 GMT 2002

Rob,

Extending the thermocouple leads isn't a problem.
Just make sure to connect the same type wires
together.
(iron to iron, copper to copper, etc.) Soldering might
be OK, welding is better.

Thermocouples are very low impedance devices and don't
require any special ohms/ft so far as I know.  The
only tricky bit is that the voltages are very low, so
make sure to make good connections.

HTH,

Jeff Engel