Advice requested for choosing aftermarket EFI system

Huw Scourfield huw.scourfield at lineone.net
Sat Jan 5 08:18:15 GMT 2002

Robert, my opinions:-
1 Multi- tothed crank sensors, if the engine is not likely to  be subject to
rapid speed fluctuatations(as in your application) then you are unlikely to
see any benefit, however if this is a "free "addition i would include it.
2 Direct fire, definiately better as far as losses, possible failure points
are concerned.
3 Sequential or semi sequential "should" give better mpg figures, but the
differences will be small.
4 Only run on 97 octane if the engine needs it, if it's a low comp unit then
there will not be any advantages.
5 Map would be my choice for accuracy and response, espcially for a low tune
engine.Tps can be used also, for accell fuelling alone.
    Huw