Thermocouple wiring --THANKS!

rob files rncfiles at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 08:22:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the responses.  I did some research (uh...probably should
have done this before asking the question :)

The answer is to use same metal wire as used in the thermocouple (for K
type, use nickel-chromium and nickel-aluminum).  I found a place that sells
it by the foot (but has a $25 min order).  They also sell the connectors.

http://www.infraredheaters.com/wires.htm

Also, I found this site which says soldering connections is ok (at least
that's how I read it).

http://www.picotech.com/applications/thermocouple.html

Thanks again,
Rob