help needed regarding EFI theories, configurations and stuff

Toffer Liu tof_l at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 20:03:03 GMT 2002

Hi guys, I'm in great need of enlightening information. Because I'm a
college student familiar in both programming and electronics but I have
little knowledge when it comes to Automotive stuff. And I have a project
which requires me to produce a simple D-type EFI system. I tried getting
info regarding EFI on the net but I still am sort of lost. Where I'm from
its very hard or virtualy impossible to get a hold of books which explain
EFI theories, configurations, etc. So I was hoping if any of you guys can
answer a few of my questions or let me know where I can read up about these
stuff. Any help is much appreciated.

Here are a few of my questions any additional info would also be much
appreciated:

1. What are configurations? i.e. Speed-density
2. Why RPM needed in the RPM vs. MAP Table?
3. What are the formulas or relationships being implemented in the embbeded
EFI program.

Thanks a lot,
Toffer