I may have lost it here

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Thu Jan 10 20:07:12 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm looking at trying to help out some of the vauxhall engined kit car
guys in UK. From the scrappy these engines come with a motronic 2.5,
which is promptly binned in favour of 45DCOE. A few years later they
want EFi and drop big bucks on an aftermarket.

Now the problem with the motronic is that it uses MAF, which isn't best
for DCOE throttle bodies. I spent last night trying to work out how to
infer MAF from MAP using a few op-amps, and was then hit with the
following thought, which may be very stupid.

PROVIDED that you chassis tune the ECU, MAF is a measure of load. You
then look up fuelling as load vs RPM. Throttle position is also a
measure of load. So, if it is a voltage output MAF (rather than a
frequency output) you SHOULD be able to plumb the TPS into the MAF feed
and off you go.

Or am I being really dense and missing something?

Bill