DIY WBO2 construction

Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Thu Jan 10 20:09:31 GMT 2002

Kao,

One thing I noticed was that you need to put D6,Q3 and D7,Q4 in thermal
contact.  This means you need to mount the diodes about 1/4 inch elevated,
and then bend the transistors (Q3,Q4) and the diodes (D6,D7) until they
touch.  Q3 should touch D6, Q4 should touch D7, you can use heat sink
compound to make sure you have good thermal contact.

There was a note on the schematic that mentioned this.

B.    Item 3 is a 25uf 25v capacitor, however the one sent to me was a 22uf
25v, can it be used it instead?  THIS IS FINE

C.    Item 15 is a LM386Z-1.2 transistor, however, the one sent to me was a
LM285Z-1.2, will that pose a problem?  SHOULD BE FINE, HOWEVER, WHY NOT TAKE
A LOOK AT THE DATASHEET THAT DESCRIBES THESE DEVICES AND DO A COMPARISON.
DATASHEETS CAN BE FOUND AT DIGIKEY.

Anyone care to answer his other q's below.

SF