Chevy has Ford Rods !/ try LS-1 rods

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:10:55 GMT 2002

LS-1's have long rods. I think theyre about 6.125 (I dont remember exactly
but it is a little over 6 inches)and they DO make VERY good power (mostly
due to good flowing heads and high ratio rockers on a roller cam).
For small block chevy guys wanting inexpensive lightweight LONG rods they
can work well. At the shop where I worked we built some LS-1's that made
over 450hp at the rear wheels on STOCK RODS (we used better rods on more
radical motors). These might be a better choice than a Ford or Olds rod. The
big end is the same as a small block and I THINK the small end has the right
size pin(not positive).