Throttle position sensor (TPS) with d shaped driveshaft

Camden Lindsay cjl169 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:21:37 GMT 2002

I Know that the early bosch style used on the 86-87 audi 5000 and the 89
saab 900 turbo use a d or half circular input-  but they are only three way
switches.  You may want to check into the 91-92 saab 900 (check the turbo
and not-  best to go to the dealer- they may have one in stock you can check
out--)- i know that they changed to a different type (i believe the variable
resistor type as needed for MS) in 91- but i think they rotate the wrong
way-  (i think opening throttle would cause a couter-clockwise movement).  I
know the audi sensor rotates the opposite way- but i don't think they
upgraded to a variable resistor type on that motor-  I will see if i can
find any pics of the newer audi sensor and tell if it's the same chassis-

i know this isn't much, but i hope it helps!
camden