modifiying standard injection

Adrian R ajrgsr at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 18:30:03 GMT 2002

thanks Bill

I will have a read of everthing I can get My eyes on

The only problem I can see (We have the gm computers you speak of here in
australia too and i have seen many applications of them) is that I want and
sort of need to retain the toyota computer, for a number of reasons, but
mainly cost. This means I will only be able to modify the inputs the
computer sees or modify the outputs AFTER the computer has done its work,
based on boost pressure etc.

Cost is a MAJOR issue for Me. Even the GM computers here in Australia will
set Me back (on average) $400 to $500 without software which is around $200
(Don't forget the exchange rate and our GST before you berate Me about the
costs). Add to that the $80 dollars an hour required for dyno time and it
all gets a bit out of hand. For about that price I can buy a brand name
piggyback computer or for $100 more, the first of the Microtech range of
ECU's and have a LOT more tuneability and installation flexability.
Therefore changing to another computer is not an option.

I know it makes life difficult, but retaining the factory computer has to be
the basis of this project. I already intend building and modifify one of the
projects I have seen on the list to build a data logging system for TPS, MAP
and RPM. This should give Me a good starting point.

The motor is not intended to be a super horsepower machine. Mild boost is
being considered (6-7psi), espically taking into account the factory 9.0:1
compression ratio and factory clutch, gearbox and driveshafts. It is more
intended to make the car more comfortable on the open road.

Has anyone ever built their own micro fueller or something similar, using it
to fire and control extra injectors dependant on boost ec?

thanks again
Adrian
ajrgsr at hotmail.com