Throttle-by-Wire

Asylist chevynova at peoplepc.com
Sat Jan 19 17:54:14 GMT 2002

> couple of redundant kill mechanisims such as a thumb button
> for the driver that "latches" on and removes power from the
> fuel injectors, a second throttle butterfly to cut air flow,

We all already have that-it called the "ignition switch"-removes power from
the fuel injectors and spark plugs.

> TBW holds a lot of promise, but leave it to the OEMs, DIYers
> are not qualified, not even to retrofit an OEM device.

That's an awfully bold statement to be making, especially considering you
don't know the qualifications of said DIY'ers.

Eric Klos, Chesterfield Twp, MI   www.geocities.com/asylist
1989 Saab 900, project car-goal 200HP naturally aspirated (in storage, bad
trans) "Saab-They're not for everyone"
1989 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2L Turbo (daily driver)
1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z with an NA motor :( parts car
as listed in my Livejournal interests-"beating up on V8s with my turbo 4
cylinder", :)