Throttle-by-Wire

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Sat Jan 19 22:33:38 GMT 2002

Never mind the control loop problems.  The FAILURE modes
are so difficult to define, and the consequences are so scary,
I wouldn't own any kind of vehicle using throttle-by-wire.
The only way to come close to practical is with multiple
redundant systems, and that is another whole science.

Bruce (redundant phone systems) Roe