Throttle-by-Wire

Guy Hammer guyh at aracnet.com
Sun Jan 20 02:01:45 GMT 2002

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Asylist wrote:

> We all already have that-it called the "ignition switch"-removes power from
> the fuel injectors and spark plugs.

As someone else already pointed out, it removes power from the power
steering and the power brakes. Not usually a fatal problem but can be VERY
annoying. Also I once exploded the mufflers off of a 440 CID powered Dodge
by switching the key off after the mechanical linkage stuck wide open.

Another fun thing - if in the heat of the moment you turn the ignition
switch one notch too far, you lock your steering wheel as well... =:-0

Guy Hammer, guyh at aracnet.com
http://www.aracnet.com/~guyh
--
  5:35pm  up 3 days, 20:58,  7 users,  load average: 1.01, 1.01, 1.00