Building a Flow bench, was: Measuring air flow

Eric Aos eoa at spartek.com
Fri Jan 25 15:25:10 GMT 2002

Take a look here for two how-to's on flowbenches.
http://www.spiritone.com/~eoa/Cars/Flow_Bench/Flow_Bench.htm

The furnace blower fan doesn't have enough vacuum (I tried one once). Get
the fans from http://www.grainger.com/ , you can order the same ones that
are used in a shop vac.

I've been thinking of a couple of MAP sensors and a PIC to calculate the
airflow across an orifice.

Eric Aos