Building a Flow bench, was: Measuring air flow

The Dupuis dupuis10 at telusplanet.net
Sun Jan 27 21:51:43 GMT 2002

Gus Mahon uses a leaf blower that makes 13" fully stalled.  I think this
would work but you'd have to use more than one, or measure flow AND pressure
drop and calculate go get to a standard known pressure drop.  Obviously,
with the correct air pumps you'd regulate airflow to arrive at a known
pressure drop and then measure the airflow, but with a pump that small,
you'd have to run it wide open and measure both.

I don't know how fast you hope to spin the turbo with an AC motor, as there
are none that spin faster than 3550 rpm.   How powerful and fast a DC motor
do you have?  interesting prospect though, being able to regulate the speed
of a DC motor to vary airflow rather than use a restrictor orifice.