Wide band O2 parts kits update

Jurgen Hartwig jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com
Tue Jan 29 00:05:20 GMT 2002

> Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the latest posters complaining about long
> waiting times never mentioned sending Steve the money.  Surely you
wouldn't
> expect him to send parts out without payment received?  My kits arrived
> roughly 2 weeks after mailing a check.
>
> I thought this would be a good time to dig into my saved mail, to see what
> Steve actually said in his post to both lists, just before he started
> shipping.  This really shouldn't excuse anyone from reading the archives
> that are readily available, though.

Hi, Jim, you are correct. I never sent Steve payment.  I was one of the guys
who purchased a PCB in the second PCB group buy, which occurred AFTER the
October 6 email you quoted.  I did not feel it was appropriate for me to
jump into the group buy, since I was in the second PCB group buy.  Also, Bob
V posted a sign up page on his web site for the stragglers who did not sign
up for Steve's parts kit originally.  As I interpreted Steve's email of
11/5, he stated he was still shipping out kits for the first group, and when
he had that job completed, he would "advertise" the kit to all others.  I
mistakenly assumed 'advertise' would mean he would contact the others on the
buy list, and then proceed accordingly.

This entire mess is a direct result of miscommunication and lack of
communication.  I do not place any blame on anyone else.  It's unfortunate
that I started this whole damn ruckus, but I think others, like myself, were
patiently waiting for confirmation emails that were never to be sent.  Then,
others on this list took my intentions out of context, and there went the
neighborhood.  C'est la vie.  Sh!t happens!

I've already sent Steve payment via Paypal.  I'll wait to see what happens.

Again, for those who want a parts kit, go to

http://www.ciciora.com/wbo2/

The DIY-WB summary page is at

http://www.diy-efi.org/diy_efi/projects/diy_wb/

I have no idea what kits are available and if there will be another PCB
order.  That is all I know.

Regards,
Jay