Building a Flow bench, motor speed:flow

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 00:06:57 GMT 2002

Restrictor orifaces SUCK (pun intentional) The electronic controlled
superflow 600's have all the traditional manometer and oriface's ect.. But
the little computer just trys to maintain the test pressure by regulating
the motor speed. it then uses some sort of map sensors inside the
controller(might be like megasquirt) to calculate the flow. IIRC you just
run it on the biggest oriface and wait for the reading to stabelize (takes
several seconds). Very simple.
Also instead of one big,expensive,complex blower, just use several small
inexpensive ones in parallel. Thats how alot of flow benches are made.