live data/software?

Bryan Dacus isi at powernet.net
Wed Jan 30 00:32:17 GMT 2002

i'm new to the list, so i hope this is an ok question.

i'm relatively new to EFI but have been learning a lot in the past few
months.  i have swapped in a 1992 GM 4.3 CPI into another vehicle.  i'm
having some problems at high rpm and would like to look/read the live
data (or preferable record it) from the ECM at this rpm as i drive.

i have looked at several software programs offered online through
several websites either as freeware or some commercial software but am
unclear if they will actually do what i want on my particular engine/ecm
combination.  what (if any) is the best software/hardware out there that
people are using to do this?

if it helps my GM ECM# is:  16156647, BAWP   and the PROM# is:
4122021, BAWP

thanks, VERY MUCH!
--
Bryan Dacus