diy-wb shows lean

Richard Wakeling kojab at optushome.com.au
Wed Jan 30 00:40:23 GMT 2002

Hi All,

    My experience has shown that it is not necessary to have all the tip of the
WB sensor protruding into the exhaust. An initial blast of exhaust gasses seems
to have a cooling effect on the sensor and it goes back to warm up mode. The 18
mm nuts I use for mounting are 15 mm in length allowing only about 5 mm of the
WB tip to protrude into the exhaust. I have at various times used the WB on 18
mm fittings that other people have fitted where the WB tip does not protrude
into the exhaust at all and it still worked well.
    Use a good 12 volt supply for the WB like a twin cable with crocodile clips
directly on the battery. Most cigarette lighter terminals are dirty causing no
end of problems.

Hope this helps

Cheers Richard