Propane vs diesel

PorscheRcr at aol.com PorscheRcr at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 18:47:14 GMT 2002

In a message dated 01/29/2002 1:24:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
DIY_EFI-Digest-Owner at diy-efi.org writes:

<< Unless, of course, you're stark raving nuts (like me) and could find (not
 likely in Britain) an IHC 345 or 392 V-8, all set up for propane (from a
 dead school bus) , and then just add the hair dryers to it. Of course, one
 of these would put about 300 more lbs. on your motor mounts than an SBC >>

IH's are heavy for certain but 300lbs is a bit much.  The OEM weight for a
345 without accessories is 640.6lbs....  last I checked SBCs (at least cast
iron versions) weren't under 500lbs sans accessories.

Bill J
67 IH 1100B Travelall (getting a Megasquirt)
68 Triumph GT6 w/Ford V8 (also getting MS)
84 Audi 90 Quattro (CIS-E for another 8 yrs or so.. )