EFI motorcycle

Don Ricciardiello bernadot at zeta.org.au
Wed Jan 30 18:56:36 GMT 2002

With respect to racing motorcycles I think EFI has resulted in enormous
gains for big bore machines a la 998 Ducatis and SP-1 Hondas (both one litre
twins). These machines run 60+ mm throttle bodies per cylinder to maximise
top end. EFI has allowed these huge instruments to work well for good
predictable throttle response in the midrange which is especially important
during corner exits. No carb can match the performance "range" of these
systems. The Ducati is reportedly putting out 186 hp at the rear wheel in
customer race spec. Not bad for a design dating back to the early eighties!

cheers

Don