HyperSpeed Controller

Shane Moseley smoseley at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 31 19:17:16 GMT 2002

Has anyone any experience or comments on the HyperSpeed controller at
http://www.hyperspeed.com/ ?  This device claims to be able to "correct"
the A/F ratio (during open and closed-loop) to give what several are
claiming up to 20+ additional hp and tq.  I've looked at some pictures
of installation at the following website
http://www.speedtweaks.net/hyperspeed.htm and it appears to only hook
into the O2 sensor circuit (and pwr/gnd).  I've asked questions about
the supplied O2 sensor and it appears to be a heated, narrow-band design
(like the factory one it replaces).  Some people are claiming the hp and
tq gains and are trying to show dyno graphs supposedly proving its
effectiveness.  When asked about the O2 sensor, they claim it is some
special "high-speed" O2 sensor that allows the device to do the supposed
A/F "correction".

I have made an assertion that this device might be snake oil due largely
to the fact that the narrow-band category of sensors provide virtually
meaningless data when outside the narrow band of frequency response
(away from 14.7:1 A/F).  This has been discussed here before but I would
appreciate any responses - the more the better 8).

Thanks in advance,

Shane