[Diy_efi] TCC control

Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 05:10:15 GMT 2002

--part1_27.29f14e92.2a5683b5_boundary

I've installed a B&M Tork-Master 2000 converter and a B&M "Sift Improver Kit"
set up for RV/towing. I'm looking for a fun daily driver that can haul a
rock-crawler several hundred miles. But these few things have got me
confused. So, you say to leave the valve body as is, but allow the ECM to
supply the (-) ground to the sol.?? Using a type 10 harness (or modified)?
And I assume eliminate the vac. switch but keep the brake switch.

Or, even use the Type 1 set-up where the +12v is supplied thru a brake switch
and then a vac. switch, and the sol (-) ground is connected directly to the
valve body?. If I do that, does the ECM not even acknowledge the
transmission, or does it need an input from the trans?(i.e.  change spark
table for 4th gear?) In this circuit will the stock vaccum switch operate
properly with a slightly cammed engine?

I'm just trying to understand every-thing I know, and set this thing up right
(if there is a "right")the first time... the most simple way would be great,
too, for now as the fuel and spark things are going to keep me up late enough
at night. I'm open for suggestions on what to set the TCC lock values to in
the EPROM, or should I leave them stock? I'll stop there for now. thanks for
the insight.

Beau Blankenship

--part1_27.29f14e92.2a5683b5_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I've installed a B&amp;M Tork-Master 2000 converter and a B&amp;M "Sift Improver Kit" set up for RV/towing. I'm looking for a fun daily driver that can haul a rock-crawler several hundred miles. But these few things have got me confused. So, you say to leave the valve body as is, but allow the ECM to supply the (-) ground to the sol.?? Using a type 10 harness (or modified)? And I assume eliminate the vac. switch but keep the brake switch.
<BR>
<BR>Or, even use the Type 1 set-up where the +12v is supplied thru a brake switch and then a vac. switch, and the sol (-) ground is connected directly to the valve body?. If I do that, does the ECM not even acknowledge the transmission, or does it need an input from the trans?(i.e. &nbsp;change spark table for 4th gear?) In this circuit will the stock vaccum switch operate properly with a slightly cammed engine?
<BR>
<BR>I'm just trying to understand every-thing I know, and set this thing up right (if there is a "right")the first time... the most simple way would be great, too, for now as the fuel and spark things are going to keep me up late enough at night. I'm open for suggestions on what to set the TCC lock values to in the EPROM, or should I leave them stock? I'll stop there for now. thanks for the insight.
<BR>
<BR>Beau Blankenship
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_27.29f14e92.2a5683b5_boundary--