[Diy_efi] Ion Sensing project

AnalogWz at aol.com AnalogWz at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 16:13:34 GMT 2002

--part1_117.13f57e7c.2a571f73_boundary

Have you thought about just measuring the arc voltage? (assuming the current
is constant-not too bad of an assumption for flyback ignition) Caterpillar
investigated this for their nat gas engines in the 70's; I dont know how it
turned out, but I don't think they offer it now.

Is it possible to measure the cyl pressure curve cheaply? Could a strain
gauge measure cyl head deflection?

Jim

--part1_117.13f57e7c.2a571f73_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Have you thought about just measuring the arc voltage? (assuming the current is constant-not too bad of an assumption for flyback ignition) Caterpillar investigated this for their nat gas engines in the 70's; I dont know how it turned out, but I don't think they offer it now.<BR>
<BR>
Is it possible to measure the cyl pressure curve cheaply? Could a strain gauge measure cyl head deflection?<BR>
<BR>
Jim</FONT></HTML>

--part1_117.13f57e7c.2a571f73_boundary--