[Diy_efi] Ion Sensing project

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 6 20:05:50 GMT 2002

Anybody ever heard of anyone trying to pulse a HEI coil at high frequency
with 300-400volts from a LARGE cap using an IGBT?

I got this idea while trying to build a high frequency arc stabelizer to do
some tig welding. The arc stabelizer is about 75% complete right now, I just
have to hook up a coil and a few little things, testing will probably take
place next week using a modified HEI coil(removed the core to make it an
"Air core" transformer. If it works out on the TIG I might try it on an
engine. A few changes would be required in the circuit, but the idea would
be the same.

Thoughts?