[Diy_efi] Ignition Stuff

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Sun Jul 7 21:19:38 GMT 2002

When I quit space for telecomms the shuttle main computer was still core
based. A key reason for this was that IBM was the only subcontractor to
deliver on time, so they used what was space qualified in around 1974, i.e.
core. By the time the rest of the shuttle came together, technologies like
silicon on saphire were qualified for use, but it wasn't broken so they
didn't fix it.

Bill