[Diy_efi] TCC control

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Wed Jul 10 02:49:31 GMT 2002

 I had a CJ5 w/ 350 SBC and T350 w/ 12" hole shot converter. Towing a pop-up
camper would overheat @ 60-70 mph but not > 75 mph. Depends upon where the
converter locks (quits slipping) and total load.  My kit car w/ 10" converter and
2.75 gear gets 28 mpg @ 70 mph and 2300 rpm - but the rpm jumps to more than  4K
when you step on it w/o downshifting - not much load when cruising. Converters
are tricky things. TomS