[Diy_efi] Ignition options

Robert Bowen rybowen at ucla.edu
Thu Jul 11 05:56:09 GMT 2002

Whilst lurking on this and the megasquirt list it seems that there are
several people working on a similar programmable ignition advance/retard
computer. Has anyone on the list come up with a working version? At first I
thought a Pic/atmel with a pressure transducer and a GM 4-pin module would
be the simplest way, but then I figured why not use the later (7-pin?)
module and PWM, or even the motorola 8-pin HEI chip. The advantage of the
later module, of course, is that I would not have to write any complicated
routines for doing the actual advancing/retarding.

Any thoughts/suggestions?