[Diy_efi] Bernd: UEGO sensor question

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Thu Jul 11 10:14:50 GMT 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 05:55:32PM +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> Perry Harrington tapped away at the keyboard with:
>
> > Bernd,
> >
> > Am I dense, or does the UEGO require a pullup on the Vs line?  I
> > see in the DIYWB they have a 2v pullup.
>
> Can't comment on the DIYWB... I've not studied it in great detail.
>
> I gather it's not a pullup at all; simply a bias.
> You really don't want to draw significant current from the cell
> because that can damage it.

That makes sense.

> > If so that explains your comments and why I was not getting it.
> > The Vs doesn't produce voltage, it's resistance changes in
> > response to oxygen content.
>
> An EMF (voltage) is produced in response to different concentrations
> of oxygen either side or the cell.

I'm understanding it more as I read the patent(s).

>  1. I have to work for a living
>  2. DDL is an "open" project

I hear ya.  I'm just studying this as a passtime while I'm waiting for
boards and stuff.  It looks like it could benefit my work in the future,
but it's more about the learning aspect right now anyway.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin