[Diy_efi] DIY_WB and stand alone ems

Jurgen Hartwig jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Jul 11 12:58:03 GMT 2002

> has anyone interfaced the diy_wb with an Autronic ecu?

No, but I know three guys who would like to have that ability.  Autronic
needs 0-1V input that is representative of 10-30:1 AFR.  You would need to
convert the WBO2 output to the 0-1V scale.  A voltage divider won't work.

The only way I see it is possible (at least from my limited experience) is
to use a microprocessor with A/D convertor (from WBO2) and then D/A
convertor (to Autronic).  I think that is what will work, but I haven't the
foggiest idea how to do it.  Also, I noticed that the voltages out of the
WBO2 were fluctuating rapidly.  It could be because my sensor was in the
tailpipe, or maybe it was the leaking exhaust flanges.  If the voltage is
not stable, I imagine you would need some form of filtering???

Anybody else have some insight?

Jay