[Diy_efi] *New* with a Good Question!

grey thorn greythorn3 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 11 20:32:30 GMT 2002

Hi my name is Ray im from Arizona

Here is my question

I have a 1997 K1500 Chevy with a 5.7 and 4l60e, well the 4l60E is broken,
and i want to replace it with a 4l80E, will i need a new computer or will
the stock one work? alsooo i noticed a couple of the pinouts are different
on the ATSG manuals between the 4l60e and the 4l80e, if anyone knows if that
matters that would help... and one last thing, my 4l60e has one output speed
sensor, and the 4l80e has a input and an output speed sensor.. there is not
a input speed sensor plug on my harness as far as i can tell.... what needs
to be done about this, and does anyone know where i can get a manual with
the pinouts on the computer itself??

Thanks any help would be appreciated

Ray
AZ