[Diy_efi] DIY_WB and stand alone ems

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Thu Jul 11 22:53:17 GMT 2002

The new I6 has variable cam timing.  I'd guess from what you said:

Table 1 is for the bottom of the RPM map for the most cam advance
Table 2 is for the top of the RPM map for the most cam retard
Table 3 (2D) is the transfer function between the tables.

--Perry

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:08:46PM +0000, The Punisher wrote:
> Well, I wasnt exactly sure what I was seeing. We were using some expensive
> software to find tables and such in LS-1 computers, and decided to check out
> a trailblazer computer. After desoldering the flash and reading it, we found
> it was MUCH MUCH more advanced than anytihng we'd seen so far. We seen what
> appeared to be 3D maps in pairs, NEARLY identical but slightly different
> with a 2d table between the map pairs. I Figured it must have been someting
> like 4-Dimensional maps or something.  Anyhow, what made me think about
> this, is that it seemed like total overkill, but I guess thats the direction
> the OEM's appear to be going.(which for many of us will be a bad thing)

> >>on
> >the
> > > 6cyl trailblazer?
> >
> >No, and I'd be interested.
> >I've really gone into trying to get the 148 down pat, so have back slid on
> >keeping up with anything new (post 95) at the moment.
> >Rumors have it they do have some exciting stuff in em
> >Bruce

Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin