[Diy_efi] Patent 6120677

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Sat Jul 13 23:44:29 GMT 2002

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 12:43:15PM -0500, bcroe at juno.com wrote:
> Nice work.  I'll need to look at this more.  Apparently they pulse
> the Vs cell briefly to determine its impedance, finishing with a
> mirror image pulse to get it back to its original mission quickly.

Read that part again.  They pulse the Ip and Vs at the same time,
but out of phase.  This way the 2 cancel eachother out.  They
do not require a settling time after this.  I believe Bernd does a
very similar thing, but he's not pulsing both sides and thus requires
a settling period.

This brings up another interesting point.  Since the Ip pump and the Vs
cell are both Ziconia, one used as a pump and the other a sense cell,
what would happen if you did 'purging' of the cells periodically?
Seems like it might be a way to fight sensor contamination.

> Bruce Roe

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin