[Diy_efi] Re: Q regarding placement of a pressure sensor

Kenny W watson at iamfun.com
Mon Jul 15 22:14:30 GMT 2002

The only problem with this is with the MAF, you get an
absolute mass reading, and this doesn't correspond to
the manifold pressure necessarily, since when using
pressure you also have to compensate for temperature.
By the time you've got all the code and algorithms
rigged up to poll a MAP and IAT sensor and convert them
to an equivalent MAF output, you might as well install
a megasquirt or something. I'm kinda a newbie/idiot,
but seems to me I asked about this once and this is
more or less the response I got from Bruce and the
likes.
-Kenny