[Diy_efi] DIY-EFI References

Ronald W. Zylla zyllaron at direct.ca
Wed Jul 17 16:21:38 GMT 2002

Help!  I'm wanting to do some do-it-youself trouble shooting on a 1984 Buick
Century 3.0L V6 with an ALDL 1226519 ECM CLCC (closed loop carburetor
control) but it appears to me that the internet has a scarcity of North
Americans doing the same (most are working on performance vehicles and with
EFI).  What about the family car and/with carburetor control?

  I did try Jonas Bylund's WinALDL with his suggested interface to the
serial port on my laptop but it's not communicating properly...but he's from
Europe!  Several others are from Austrailia!  Am I missing something obvious
or are there no do-it-yourself'ers in North America working on family
vehicles?  I'd hate to start from scratch if others have already started.

Any links you send my way would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Ron Zylla, PEng, ChemE (specialty in computer process control)