[Diy_efi] Re: DIY-EFI References

Phil Hunter diy-efi at t-n-e.com
Thu Jul 18 19:43:21 GMT 2002

> I'm wanting to do some do-it-youself trouble shooting on a 1984 Buick
> Century 3.0L V6 with an ALDL 1226519 ECM CLCC (closed loop carburetor
> control) ...

Focus on getting an interface working, whether it's the 1 or 2
transistor
circuit or a MAX232 IC version, probably 90+% of the time the 1
transistor
circuit will work, while the IC version is just about 100% guaranteed to
work. Try another vehicle, another laptop, move a desktop PC out to the
garage temporarily, enlist the help of a buddy, 'scope signals, make
sure
the serial port is working (not disabled in BIOS), laptop battery fully
charged, etc., etc. Get *something* working, troubleshoot from there...

I note from the WinALDL revision list that there was a change for CLCC
in V1.05b, so try a version before that one also, your laptop may like
an earlier one for some reason.

Subscribe to the gmecm email list on the same web site as this list.

regards,
philh
(digest)