[Diy_efi] Ignition Hardware Driver Stage

maier_markus at t-online.de maier_markus at t-online.de
Mon Jul 22 11:27:57 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm new to this page and wondered, if somebody can help me out with a
hardware topic.

Question:
does somebody have a circuit diagram, that enables me to drive the
ignition coils directly from processor pin level? I already found the
schematics for efi output stage, but it's based on the MC3334, that
doesn't seem to be available any longer. And any other output stages
(as of ST Micro for example) don't seem to be available in little
quantities.
So I'm interested in the circuit and the sources where to get the
parts.

Thanks a lot.
Markus

Background:
I'm currently building my own engine control ECU based on an Infineon
TriCore Evaluation board. The first step here is to get the ignition
system up and running. If that works, injection might be next (may be
when I'm retired in thirty years or so ;-)
For coding the software, I'm using ASCET-Sd and its automatic code
generation mechanism plus the ERCOSek real-time operating system. For
more information on them, please see www.etas.de
I'm quite ok with SW development but am quite dump when it comes to
hardware development.